Nearly all of us are ready to get the suitcases down and pack them up for travel.
Here are our top 10 Travel Bug tips for flying this summer:
10. Carry an external battery in your carry-on, just in case your flights are delayed and you need more power for finishing the Obi-Wan series.
9. Bring snacks - the non-strong-smelling kind.
8. Purchase noise cancelling headphones. This will completely upgrade your flying experience. Pay attention to boarding directions because you won't be able to hear a blessed thing.
7. Consider joining an airport lounge. This is a huge benefit if you're spending more than 90 minutes in the airport. A couple to consider are the Delta Sky Club or the American Express Centurion Lounge. Double check that your favorite airports have these before joining.
6. Bring an empty refillable water bottle. It's important to stay hydrated, and most airports have refilling stations near the bathrooms. However, if you go with option seven you won't need your own water bottle!
5. Purchase travel protection for peace of mind.
4. Have the airline app on your phone to help with updates and delays. It will also alert you when your flight is boarding (in case you're really into your episode of Obi Wan and miss the loudspeaker buzz).
3. And that brings us to number three... download movies or episodes of your favorite shows to your phone. Somehow this is the one I tend to forget, and airport wifi is not the best. Prepare by downloading at home while you pack.
2. Even if you bring a checked bag, have at least three days of clothes with you in your carry-on and all your medications. Bags are rarely lost, however, if you are separated from your bags it can take up to three days to track them down. Be prepared to enjoy the first few days of your vacation by bringing the most important items in your carry-on, plus some spare outfits.
1. Pack your patience. There will most likely be some unforeseen events while you travel. Take a breath and be kind. Give yourself grace, and then get in line to speak to the desk agent. While you're waiting, check the app, put in a call, do what you need to do to adjust. The gate agent has a lot of power, so be very nice when asking for help.
We also highly recommend using a travel professional that specializes in the destination where you are traveling to. If there's an issue you have an advocate in your corner working hard to smooth things out. Check out their reviews or go with a friend's recommendation. Google is a great source for travel agent referrals too.
Traveling can be fun with a little prep. Let's get out there and take that hard-earned vacation!
Busy people deserve great vacations, and we make it happen. We are helping over 500 families travel in 2023. Start planning your trip here.